But why, if everything on this blog is provided for free, should you subscribe?
Consider the following.
- Nothing is free! The content of this blog comes from our minds, which seem dependent on our brains, which in turn appear to be entirely dependent on some functions distributed through the rest of our bodies. Without nutrition, shelter and health care, these functions will not keep doing what they need to do to let our minds compose this blog.
- This is not our only line of work. We are dedicated to the singularity and other worthwhile things! By providing us with more money, we can hire more people. Which will allow us to share more of our thoughts with you on this blog. And provide others with a livelihood.
- Some of us have kids that depend on us. Perhaps they will one day be providing your descendants with interesting blog entries. And you do want to fulfill the Basic Imperative, no?
- The more you spend on us, the more pressured we will feel to produce interesting and useful ideas.
- Your money is no good stuck in your pocket. If you have food, shelter and healthcare for you and your loved ones, why not spend it on something good like this blog? Money is meant to circulate!
So become a subscriber now. And what if you don't and still continue reading this blog? Well, you will have to fight with your own moral demons about that one. You have no scruples? That's too bad. I guess you won't be one of the ones fulfilling the Basic Imperative. Fortunately, your kind will eventually be extinct.
So what if I can't afford $4.17 a month? Well, then consider a cheaper subscription of $2.08.
And what if you can't afford that? Well, I would suggest trying to do your best at providing your community with something they need and are willing to pay you for. And then come back to subscribe to this blog! And if despite all your efforts you still can't find the means to dispense with $24.96 per year, then consider this a gift from me to you.
And those of you who could have afforded $4.17 per month but chose a $2.08 subscription? Have you stolen from us? And, even worse, what if you copy my content on top of that? Yes, what we write on this blog is provided under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license. But... Ah, too much thinking on the issue of digital piracy. You'll have to ask the expert Mike LaBossiere about that one.
Now subscribe! And enjoy our content with a clear conscience.